Sunday, July 19, 2009

Got A Few Things Done Besides Nursing and Cooking Duties

Hey all,

This week was a little better, although I somehow managed to lose my drivers license,(never done that before!! Guess there is a first time for everything.). Nursing duty is still underway and I am not getting done what I should. Somehow I did manage to slip in a bit of sewing. All of it was done using scraps from my stash. Of course It does not even begin to scrape the top of the iceburg, so to speak. I could sew just off my scrap piles for the next year alone, I am sure. So here is the first item I finished. It is going to Etsy to be sold. Made from my linen(and this is some of the nice stuff) and vintage ribbon and trims stash. I think it is just lovely.







Then I also so made this mother/daughter set that was going to be used as a gift. And then I found out that the party I was making this for does not like aprons. What? Who keeps chicken, loves baking, cooking and being artsy and does not like aprons? Oh well. So this set will be sold too. This set was made again from my stash. The blue material was from a duvet cover inner material from my home that did not fit my decor anymore. The yo-yo's were from some tiny scraps from the stash that were only big enough for quilting, Barbie clothes or such.(I use EVERYTHING until the pieces are so small you can get nothing from them). The bias tape was from my stash and is actually vintage stuff. Buttons were from thirty year old stash








I will post more tomorrow. Bye loves Kim

3 comments:

Eve said...

What a couple of great aprons!

Seannamarie said...

Wow- just WOW on that first apron! You have impeccable taste! Not going to lie- I saw this on my RSS reader through the refashioned site, and went & subscribed to your blog immediately! I look SO forward to seeing what you create! (and wishing I had half the talent myself! LOL)

Becky said...

Gorgeous aprons! I agree with the why doesn't that person like aprons!